24 October 2018
Twilio is a powerful and well established cloud communication platform that helps you connect to your customers through Voice, SMS, Video, chat and many more channels. Reach one customer or a million on their preferred channel with Twilio API calls. We can help you to implement this and take your customer communication experience to the next level.
Best thing is, this is all programmable. Power is in your hand. Hardware is painful. Software is powerful. You don’t need to stick with physical devises for years. You can keep improving your customer communication process the way you want with the help of programming.
Twilio is not for call centre experience only. Twilio can be helpful to any business where client needs to interact with customer. It will improve their customer communication experience through different mediums. We should send this to all of our such customers. See if they can find this useful and wants to implement.
Let’s take a look at different features –
- IVR – Phone Menus Give callers menu options, gather information, and route calls
- Conference Calls
- Survey calls improve your business process by taking feedback from customers.
- Masked Calling For any business that connects customers to drivers, delivery services, contractors, or independent businesses, keeping communications anonymous has become a requirement. Keep callers personal numbers private using Twilio virtual numbers
- Browser calls
- Dial a call from your browser
- Receive a call on your browser
- Build a call centre using Task router feature of Twilio
- Define x number of business rules about who should receive the customer’s call based on language preference, employee’s expertise etc.
- Connect this to your application
A message is more than words. Make an impact with your message by sending audio, videos, images, branded media cards and suggested replies using Rich Messaging Extensions.
- Alerts and notifications
- Account Notifications Send customers an SMS when account information changes.
- SMS Surveys Gather feedback and embed responses in your customer database
- Order Notifications Send SMS from your existing Order Management System
- Appointment reminders
- Dispatch notification
- Managing Crisis Send a message to all users on just click of a button. E.g. A message to all parents about school crisis
- Web/CRM Dialler
- Make calls from your existing CRM
- 2 factor authentication
- Increase your security level through Push notifications or TOTP (time based one time password)
- Connect to popular applications
- Does your customer wants you to send a message on mobile applications they are best available on? Twilio can do it. Connect with your customer through different channels like Apple business chat, Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, Twitter, We chat, Line, Telegram, Viber, Blackberry messenger.
- Connect with your customer though Video.
- Doctor on demand applications can use this feature.
- Many banks nowadays want to video chat with their preferred customers.
- Send and receiving faxes between your application and a fax machine
- Web Chat
- Add live chat to your website to give customers instant support
We, as a software development company, are using Twilio Voice IVR and survey call features in a project for our customer requirement and help them out to achieve the functionality to accomplish the business purpose. At the moment we are implementing the SMS feature in the solution. We have successfully prepared a demo to dial a call from the browser and receive a call on the browser. We are also able to implement a task router feature where we can route the call to the respective employee based on the customer’s response.