Client is based in UK and runs a digital agency and develops high-end websites and applications that deliver varied functionality and creativity. It utilizes the advanced techniques of motion capture and real flow fluid dynamics to produce cutting edge video, augmented reality and 3D animation..
"Birthday Walk" has a wide range of goal and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- QR code scanner at the point of interest
- Ability to add video/images to the walk review
- List of all the available local businesses
- Augmented Reality for showing point of interest on the map
- When the user is within proximity of 50m an alert will open giving the user the corresponding directions
- Easily accessible by anyone and at any time
TatvaSoft UK developed the mobile application "Birthday Walk".
It offered following features which include:
- Allow the user to set their name and birthday. Also, set the language in which they would like to view the application.
- Local notification prompting the user at 12:00 pm the day before their birthday to go on the walk.
- If the user does the walk on their birthday numerous discounts would be available at the local business. To redeem the discount, the user must record them reciting the final verse of Dylan Thomas birthday poem. The recording will be done within the app and saved to the video library of the device.
- Description of various landmarks along with web links.
- User can write, view reviews of the walk. Also, user can upload images and video of their walk.
- List of local businesses which are updateable via the CMS.
- Shows Point of Interest (POI) with information, poem, video and audio listings.
- When an audio file is selected an overlay will appear with the playback controls and the associated credit will also appear.
- User can scan the available QR code at POI. The app suggests the corresponding POI to the user.
- Augmented Reality view of main POI and business POI.
Birthday Walk was able to serve as a guide to its user. Through its various functionalities, it enabled the user in locating and finding out more about famous landmarks and links to the poet in the town of Laugharne. Features such as augmented reality and QR code scanner further enriched the usability of the application.