Industry: Education & Learning
The client has an entrepreneurial business firm that supports Quality Credit Framework (QCF) and training providers in the area of Education Information Technology. With the help of technology innovation, they have changed the ways of delivering QCF courses and ensures compilation with rapidly changing legislation.
In order to get acquainted with QCF and new legalisation, client wished to implement enhancements and extend functionality which fills up the gaps in the legacy system. The enhancement should enable an interactive platform where assessors and apprentices can communicate face to face as well as build e-portfolio displaying competence evidence, learning and achievement not only in the classroom but also in the workplace. Below are the prime objectives fulfilled by the e-assessor solution:
- Ability to access system anytime and anywhere even in absence of an internet connection.
- Facility to assess apprentices' learning and audit assessors' work in order to manage quality.
- Video conferencing facility for realising personal assistance and supervision.
- Electronic signatures compliant with client's requirements.
- Merging of legacy with latest technological advancements, that too without suffering user experience and application performance.
- Learners will be reminded of review, assessor visit, and similar time critical activities.
TatvaSoft offered a software package known as e-Assessor that comprised of the web application, mobile application and Windows RT-enabled desktop application for assessor and learner based on classic ASP and Microsoft.Net platform enriched with below-mentioned core features:For Assessor
- Facilitates dashboard for quick access to learner's progress on each stage of the training cycle and detailed reports on learner's progress, actions, status and many more.
- Enable to plan, record, evaluate and scan self-skills for Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Ability to schedule Sessions and facility to book the virtual conference room
- Easy interaction of assessor with learners by joining sessions in the virtual conference room
- Feedback to help assessor understand learner's view about the session, courses etc.
- Enable assessor to record, track and monitor the progress of learners
- Facility to manage course wise learning resources
- Custom report builder tool
- Facilitates detailed dashboard for quality assurance for the quick view of learner's progress, actions, status and QA reports
- Quick access to assessor's profile, documents and Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Ability to create sampling plans for both interim and summative sampling
- Provision to record learner interview on the virtual conference room
- Provides sample evidence, leave feedback for assessors and assures standardised documents
- Track and logs all interaction between assessors and quality assurers for auditing
- The cloud-based solution that enables the learner to access their e-portfolio even after their learning completion.
- Facility to electronically sign documents with "E-Signature" feature
- Effective skill scanner and gap analyser tool
- The ability of message communication with assessors, review of leave evidence and downloading documents from assessors
- Comprehensive and detailed timesheet to track the time devoted to a course
- Technology : Classic ASP, Microsoft ASP.Net, C#, WPF, Windows Phone, Windows RT, iOS and Android
- Database : Microsoft SQL Server
- Server : Windows
- Tools : MS Chart
As a way of offering cost effective training solutions to assessors and learners, few benefits of "e-Assessor" listed below:
- Offered a QCF based learning solution with training objective that makes learning available to learners 24 hours a day, seven days of the week around the globe, enables distribution of training material to multiple locations easily and conveniently
- Facilitates Just-In-Time access to information by retrieving information just before it is required rather than being learned once in a classroom and subsequently forgotten
- Substantial cost savings due to the elimination of travel expense results in improved productivity and efficient use of time with no longer need to rush to get to a class
- Better retention to the knowledge that puts a higher value on investment spent on training.