Industry: Healthcare & Insurance
The client is one of the technology innovators in the area of Healthcare Information Technology. They deliver Electronic Health Record (EHR) products as well as healthcare solutions that minimize information gap to enable physicians and their staff to focus on patients medical care thus creating a sync mechanism between current traditional solutions and clinical processes.
The client is looking for a system that utilises all the functionalities of the current business system and manages the various operations related to patient care. Client decided to develop a web based application that helps them to maintain technical and business benefits of the medical information in effective and efficient manner.
"Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Management System" has a wide range of goals and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- An electronic solution that offers a paperless alternative for medical records management
- Provision of a secure platform from where member of healthcare centres can share and access updated and accurate patients' information in timely manner
- Ensuring clinical workflow with systematic tracking and monitoring of patients' medical assessment process
- Advancements in picture or document archiving and communications systems
- Provision of e-prescribing to different pharmacies
- Facilitating information on diagnoses, drugs, and medical and surgical procedures to healthcare providers
- Facilitating precise and accurate reports related to patients and providers
TatvaSoft developed a web application keeping physicians in mind, known as EMR Management System based on Microsoft Silverlight platform having following core features:
- Record and manage patients' details. It includes patients' demographic, medical, history and physical information.
- The medical profile of patients manages medications, allergies, past medical reports and past surgical reports
- Scan and save documents as a part of patients' profile
- Scan and save medical reports as a part of patients' medical profile
- Digital Signature - Record, approve and print progress notes with option to sign notes digitally
- Keep track of medical tests and annual examination of patients
- Alerts for incomplete assessments and pending documents
- Alert medical staff about Drug-Drug interactions, Drug-Allergy interactions, Drug-Condition interactions
- Intercommunication Facility - Communication facilities like email and chat services, enable communication with multiple locations
- Send prescriptions electronically to pharmacies so providers can qualify for CMS incentives
- Facility of Newsletter service
- Information integrity and confidentiality is maintained through authentication and authorization policies from Administration module
- An iPhone application has also been developed by TatvaSoft that offers similar functionality.
- Prints billing reports for any provider, including important insurance information such as account number, list of all ICD9 codes and charges for any given day
- Create and print reports like location list, daily notes, provider performance by location and patient list
- Technology: Microsoft Silverlight, Expression Blend, Microsoft C#.Net, WCF Service
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- External Tools or Components: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Infragistics Controls
TatvaSoft's end-to-end services brought immense benefits to the client by helping them in realising their business goals and implementing newly identified features and functionality effectively. The client derived following business benefits by virtue of its associations with TatvaSoft:
- Patients' records now can be handled more efficiently, accurately and error free. It reduces operational cost and saves efforts, time and money.
- Sharing of Patients' records among multiple authorized clinic or provider assists for accurate diagnosis and reduces risk factor of diagnosis management.
- EMR system has reduced paper work and enabled the medical staff to spend more time for patient's care rather than on file & record management. Hence, enhancing the productivity of the medical staff.
- EMR Management application has not only improved overall quality of medical service of our client but also improved reputation of the clinic or provider and increased revenue