The client is actively engaged in providing fleet management services. They are one of the leading players in innovative enterprise fleet management software and they provide services like real-time asset tracking, direct route dispatch to various employees and cost reduction. They specialize in information technology solutions to manage fleets, assets and enable the managers to identify the vulnerabilities.
It is inevitable for logistics industries to not only keep track of their fleet but also keep track of its activities. Our client approached TatvaSoft in order to develop a solution which helps them in keeping track of the entire activities of the fleet using GPS and GNX device (GPS data Transmission device).
"Fleet Tracking System" has a wide range of goals and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- Get real-time vehicle positioning from GPS and GNX devices and plot them on Google map
- Ability to send messages, stoppage address and other information to the driver
- Ability to define geo-fence which alerts the driver as well as the manager in case of crossing
- The system should offer safety and security features such as ignition is on, high speed, vehicle is idle and similar others situations
- Ability to transmit data from the vehicle to database server and vice versa
- Managing business critical documents and confidential contents effectively and efficiently at a centralized repository to respond to business need and generate revenue
TatvaSoft offered a fast and accurate "Fleet Tracking System" Microsoft ASP.Net based application loaded with powerful mapping functionality to monitor and control various fleets with the following features:
- Server Application
- Allows administrator to manage dealer, customer, user, device and general settings
- Upload help, library, user manuals, and videos
- Client Application
- View vehicles on Google map, show historical data for a vehicle on the map, view geo-fence
- Send different types of messages, stops, landmark, and route to the driver on Garmin device fixed in the vehicle
- Set and manage Maintenance tasks for vehicles
- Manage vehicle, driver, landmark, geo-fence, alerts, fuel logs, and contacts
- Window Service
- Fetch data from UDP port, check for validation and authorized data and save in application database
- Send user messages to drivers and read responses from them.
- Send various alert emails to various users for user generated alerts, geo-fence cross alerts, and emergency alerts.
- Generate reports at scheduled time and send to appropriate user via mail
- Google Maps Integration
- Garmin Device Integration
TatvaSoft's end-to-end services helped them in realizing their business goals and generated the following benefits:
- Enhanced productivity as it is easy to manage the fleet, asset and resources effectively
- Real-time access to exact location and status of fleets and drivers increased visibility and control
- Enhanced fleet performance and safety of drivers by safety and security alerts
- Replay the journey of assets as well as vehicles including route, idle time, number of stops and driving violation information