USA based client conducts market research of services provided to consumers especially targeted towards marketing domain. During his market research, the client came across a few issues faced by the B2B customers of the fashion industry. This research work prompted the client to build an online marketplace for B2B customers conveniently connects and benefit buyers and wholesale vendors in the apparel and fashion industry.
Client had wished to develop a platform for sellers to showcase their products so that buyers from all around the world can select the desired product as per their convenience. The main challenge faced was to manage the products from various sellers on the same platform.
The prime considerations and objectives of Global BOM are:
- Products of different brands need to be amalgamated at one place
- Users should pay online
- Integration with social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- One step checkout, during checkout display vendor wise list of products purchased by the customer
- Multilingual support
- Vendors, around the globe, should get more buyers from this platform
- Live Chat with customers to help to solve their queries related to website
TatvaSoft developed an e-commerce web application "Global BOM" which is easily accessible from computers.
It offered following features:
- Homepage shows all the latest products available in various categories.
- Option to sign in as a seller or buyer in the website.
- Proper classification of products into categories and subcategories increase accessibility of the products.
- Detailed specification of a product with its price and special offers if available.
- Vendors can set special prices for the specific duration on the product such as "Today's Deals" and "Current Deals".
- User can filter the items based on brands.
- Interactive 360-degree image which allows shoppers to interact with the product image and view it from all sides.
- Registered buyers can rate and give feedback to the purchased products.
- Buyers can select the product to add to wish list and cart.
- Facility to pay online securely through PayPal or credit card.
- Stock management enables vendors easy management of products, tracking and monitoring and tracking of products stock records.
- Vendors can define their own shipping rates for each product and as per shipping country.
- Offers basic features of the website such as Homepage banner, integration with social media (Facebook Like, Twitter Tweets), newsletter subscription, catalogue browsing, etc.
- Administrator can do basic activities with ease such as content management, vendor and other user management, product approval, etc.
- Admin can have various reports such as sales, maximum selling product, etc. help to take strategic decisions.
"Global BOM" offered a global platform for sellers to sell and promote their products. Buyers around the world can compare products, get the benefit of competitive deals and securely purchase products at best price. In results, it leads to the popularity of the client's website and more business.