The client had started his business in 2006 to provide rapid engineering and development of oilfield solutions by placing enthusiastic industry leaders in an environment. With corporate HQ based in United Kingdom, the client is strategically located in key energy hubs across the globe. They are leading providers of completions and digital monitoring systems to oil and gas companies. They support local engineering, manufacturing and logistics with various engineering equipment and technology.
The client's idea about the system was to develop a Desktop system which allows a user to enter specification about oil well with a maximum depth of 40,000 feet. In some cases data will be loaded for every depth, in other cases, the user may only enter data for a few discreet points and the software will need to extrapolate data between these points to calculate the exact value on a point by point basis.
Below are some of the critical challenges that needed to be addressed by the new solution:
- Loading various types of data from different file types generated from measurement devices
- Handling different units of various quantities throughout the project
- Complex calculations pertaining to pressure, temperature, casing, viscosity, etc.
- Handling data files with multiple formats like .dts, .dtd, .xls, .csv
- Handling statistical information for depth correction and normalization
- Incorporating user views and comments in order to assist in the analysis
- Dynamic report generation facility
Addition to the above, the client wanted an application development with intuitive GUI and windows interface, flexible data access, quality charts, powerful graphical capabilities, integrated with completion and log data and coupled with wellbore trajectories in the solution
TatvaSoft UK provided a solution called Oil Well Analysis Tool that has extremely useful and efficient features:
- Project Management
- This module manages all the project details. It shows the user a list of all the project with a facility to add, modify and even delete the project.
- Well Management
- Gather well details
- Manage data related to temperature, pressure, MD Vs. TVD, casing, completion (Tubing, Accessory, Crossover, Gap Component), reservoir layer and others
- Data Loading and Processing
- Data can directly be loaded from data files (.dts, .dtd, .xls, .csv, etc.) and quickly gets transformed into graphical forms and charts that can be scrutinized to arrive at conclusions
- Depth Correction and Normalization can be applied over the data too.
- Analysis and Interpretation
- Data for Temperature, Pressure, Flow, Layer Definitions, etc. are plotted on graphs to deliver quality statistics representation of the data
- Loads of data is effectively interpreted through commercial and powerful 2D and 3D charts that are powered by enriched graphics and can be zoomed and rotated at an angle to give a clear picture of the scenario. The charts and graphs can even be combined and overlaid, to make crisp comparisons
- Data Calculations
- Accurate calculations are carried out by the application for numerous quantities like surface tension, pressures, viscosity, gas heat capacity and many more
- Measurement units can be changed as per convenience at any point of time in the system and calculations take effect accordingly
- User Support
- Logbook functionality is incorporated to enable users to log their views/comments/notes that can assist analysis
- Help is available for every single screen in the application.
- Queries can also be sent for response and assistance along with concerned files
- Handy tooltips are present to guide the user for each option
- Summarized reports generated dynamically that give a bird's eye view of things actually occurring
TatvaSoft's end-to-end services helped them in realizing their business goals. It benefitted them in the following way as new features and functionalities were added.
- Well Analysis has proved to be a robust utility for the oil and gas industry.
- User can analyse particular well by providing required data and make various calculations based on it.
- The application makes cumbersome and complex calculations for the well accurately.