Sweden based client runs Golf Academy that specializes in performance enhancement in golf from a multi-disciplinary perspective and provides the platform to amateur golfers for achieving lower scores. In collaboration with other sport and medical experts, client has been successful in providing methodical training to players for various national and international tournaments.
One of the greatest challenges of creating the application was to maintain multiple users (i.e. guest player, member player, coach and pro-coach) and to ensure that the statistics generated should be based on the scores entered by the player or coach.
"Play Golf" has a wide range of goal and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- Secure login to user's account
- Ability to set visibility level for the comments added by the user
- Bar graphs and line charts for displaying game statistics
- Generate scorecard for individual and team
- Maintain fitness test results of individual players
- Easily accessible by anyone and at any time
Client aimed to develop an iphone application that would make management and evaluation of golf players, coaches and scores easy and efficient. TatvaSoft fulfilled client's aim by developing the mobile application "Play Golf". It offered following features which include:
- Read Logbook: Logbook containing date wise notes of players along with their names and provision to add the comment. Also, user can set the visibility of comment (i.e. to whom the comment should be visible).
- Write Logbook: User can enter information for other players or coach or for oneself and set visibility level.
- Scorecard List and Details: Shows the list of scores for various matches and option to enter the score for matches played. Also shows the constructive evaluation and provides options to select the environmental conditions under which the game was played.
- Diagrammatic representation of the golf field with options to select the position on the golf field by inserting co-ordinates of the position.
- Provision to select the number of saves (e.g. Sand saves, rough saves, PAR saves etc.)
- Statistics with line and bar graphs to help analyse various aspects of the matches played.
- Allows the user to enter the number of putts for ten different rounds and compare the distance of the putts of all rounds.
- Provision to enter match test result and fitness test results of player.
- Operating System : iOS
- Device Support : iPhone
- Database : SQLite
- Programming Language & Tools : Swift & Xcode
By virtue of its association with TatvaSoft, it provided the mobile application that enabled golf players and coaches to maintain records of golf matches played, scores, test results and fitness results easily and error free. The application facilitated coaches keep track on the performance of team members and provide suggestions for improvement. Pictorial representation of golf ground helps user strategize their game accordingly.